Glass Beads / Glass Microspheres used as blasting materials offer the flexibility to remove many different types of surface imperfections, including burrs, rust, scales, paint removal, and so on.
Advantages of using glass bead sandblasting:
• A large variety of grades available for different jobs and profiles.
• Does not interfere with coatings as it is no-reactant.
• It leaves no residue or embedded contaminants and also does not cause any dimensional surface change.
• Improved corrosion resistance and the ability to smooth away surface flaws.
• No detectable crystalline silica.